Frequently Asked Questions

*IMPORTANT* Requirements for Tourists or Residents to visit Honduras related to "COVID-19"

Honduran Airports are open for commercial flights. These are the General Requirements from Honduran Immigration as of January 2022:

1) If you are not vaccinated Travelers must hand-carry proof of a Negative Covid-19 Test taken within 72 hours of travel (RT-PCR, Antigen or Elisa) or  your Original full dose Vaccination Card.

2) Register before you travel at 

You will complete and print out:

a) Immigration Precheck

b) Customs Declaration Form

c) Ministry of Health Form

3) Valid Travel Documents: Passport with at least 6 month validity, Visa (if required), Documents for Minors.

4) Bio Security Measures: Use of Mask , 1.5 M distance, Antibacterial.

(Disclaimer: All COVID-19 information is subject to change, make sure to check Official Government Websites and with Airlines prior to travel in case information has changed or been updated.)


What is a tourist?  A person who travels to other countries for pleasure and returns back home. Tourists are not allowed to work in Honduras. 

My passport is about to expire? Your passport must have at least 6 month validity to travel.


What is a Honduran Entry Stamp?  It is the stamp put on your passport by an Immigration Officer upon entering the country. It will state the amount of time you are allowed to remain in the country (30, 60 or 90 days). If you decide to extend your stay, you may request a one-time extension to your Entry Stamp for an additional 30 days for the cost of $20. Extensions are granted if you have the appropriate documents to justify your stay.

Where do I get extensions on my Entry Stamp? Extensions are obtained at the Honduran Immigration Offices which are located across the country:

La Ceiba: UniPlaza, Second Floor

Tegucigalpa: Centro Civico Gubernamental, Jose Cecilio del Valle

San Pedro Sula: Barrio El Centro

Roatan: Plaza Mar 2nd Floor, Coxen Hole.

My entry stamp expired a long time ago. What do I do? You must visit the Immigration Office at the Airport to pay a fine prior to your departure, or start your Residency process!


How much are fines for overstaying? Fines start at $200 and may increase monthly.

What is a Residency?  A special authorization from the Honduran Government obtained by Residency Honduras to remain and live in the country. Residency Applications must be filed by a Lawyer who is registered with the Honduran Bar Association. There are different types of residencies  such as Permanent Residency and Special Permits to remain in the country. There are many subcategories, we help you choose the one that fits your needs.


Do I need a Residency? If you plan to work, study, or live in Honduras, then you do need a residency.

What Type of Residency do I need and what are the requirements?  BOOK NOW


Costs? Prices given include ALL Legal Fees, Expenses and Government Fees. Costs vary according to your situation; a family of 4 will spend more than a single person.  Pro Bono Cases are taken as a way to help out the community.

What is the time frame on a residency? Residencies usually take between 3-6 months, some times faster! We work by submitting complete applications, in order to ensure an expedite process.

What are the requirements for foreign documents? All foreign documents to be valid in Honduras they must be legalized:

(a) through the nearest Honduran Consulate, or

(b) with an Apostille.


WE PROVIDE TRANSLATION SERVICES for documents in English, documents in any another language must be translated to Spanish by a Certified Translator.  


Why use Residency Honduras? Personalized attention from a FULLY BILINGUAL & responsible attorney with many years of experience who works with you to make the process simple, quick and easy!

Do you only process Residencies? No. We offer many services, Residencies are just the start! BOOK NOW for more information.